Effective Date: October, 2017
Information We Collect
- Information You Choose to Provide
Personally identifiable information is information that identifies or describes you, including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Flying Pig Digital may collect, store and use any personally identifiable or other information you choose to provide. For example, we collect personally identifiable information when you (a) register to become a member of Flying Pig Digital, subscribe to our newsletters or other publications, participate in surveys, report issues, or request information or assistance through the Services; (b) post information on discussion groups, bulletin boards or forums on the Services; or (c) participate in one of our quizzes. We may also collect demographic data, including, without limitation, through our polls, surveys and quizzes.
- Information Collected Automatically
We may use server log analysis tools to gather and analyze information regarding a Service's usage, such as the number of visitors received and number of quiz participants, most/least visited web pages, errors experienced by users, browsers and platforms used to connect to the Services, your IP address and internet service provider (ISP), the date and time you visited the Services, the web pages you visited and the websites you visited before or after you visit the Services. This information may be collected via a number of technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs and other means. You can remove certain cookies by following the directions in your Internet browser’s “help” file. If you disable cookies, your ability to use some areas or functionality of the Services may be limited. The above information belongs to us and is used to improve the content, layout and/or operation of our Services. We may also use such information for any lawful purpose, including to analyze audience trends, create predictive models and perform other research and analysis to improve and develop our own products and services, as well as provide our customers with aggregate, non-identifiable statistical data and analysis of audience composition, habits and trends. We may combine such information with personally identifiable information, in which case we will treat such information as personally identifiable information.
Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Flying Pig Digital may use the personally identifiable information you provide, separately or in combination with other information you provide, for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about your membership, subscriptions or other transactions between you and Flying Pig Digital;
- To provide products or services you request, including, without limitation, polls, opinions, surveys or other information; and
- To alert you to upgrades, special offers and other information about Flying Pig Digital and the products and services we offer.
If you are visiting the Services from a country outside the United States, you acknowledge and agree that in using the Services, you will transfer personal information about yourself to the United States, that your information will be deemed sent to Flying Pig Digital from the United States of America, that the data protection laws of the United States may be different than those in your own country, and that the transfer of this personal information occurs with your consent and will be treated in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. By providing any personal information to Flying Pig Digital through the Services, all users, including, without limitation, users in the member states of the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the submission, collection and processing of such information in the United States of America.
Disclosure of Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose your personally identifiable and other information to third parties, as follows:
- Your username or user ID will be displayed when you use certain portions of the Services. If you include any personally identifiable information in your username, user ID or the material you post, any person who visits the Services may be able to identify you and your activities on the Services.
- To our subsidiaries or affiliates and to third party partners whom we engage to provide services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, support services, website services, packaging, mailing and delivering promotional materials, shipping, and other customer service concerning our products and services. These partners will be contractually prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- To third parties that offer products, services or other information we believe may be of interest to you. Such third parties may keep and use your information whether or not you purchase their products or services, your personally identifiable information will be subject to their privacy policies, and you should contact them directly for information on their privacy policies or to opt-out of promotional communications from them.
- To Flying Pig Digital’s customers as part of aggregated, non-identifiable statistical data and analysis of audience composition, habits and trends.
- To a successor organization in the event that Flying Pig Digital is involved in a transaction such as a merger, stock purchase or sale, or sale of substantially all of Flying Pig Digital’s assets.
- In response to a subpoena or court order, or a request from a law enforcement or other government agency, to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against claims, or to protect the safety or security of the public or of users of the Services or Flying Pig Digital 's services.
Except as described above, we do not rent, sell or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes, without your consent.
You may "opt-out" of receiving further information about Flying Pig Digital and third party products and services (other than information you specifically request) by checking the appropriate boxes on the online and other forms. It may take us ten (10) days to process your request. Even after opting out, you may continue to receive e-mail from third parties to whom your address was provided before you opted out. You will be responsible for contacting these third parties directly, to request that they stop sending you promotional e-mail.
The Services is intended for adults and no part of the Services are designed to attract children under the age of thirteen. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen.
How We Protect Your Information
We have employed security practices and procedures designed to protect the personally identifiable information you provide from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, and we require that our authorized service providers implement and maintain such security practices and procedures as well. Nevertheless, Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any messages or information you send to the Services may be read or intercepted by others. If you have any questions about the security of personally identifiable information collected by Flying Pig Digital, contact us at the email address provided above.
Retention of Your Personally Identifiable Information
The personally identifiable information that you provide will be stored and maintained by Flying Pig Digital for so long as we, in our sole discretion, believe is necessary or appropriate (a) to carry out the purpose(s) for which such information was collected, or (b) to comply with applicable laws, contracts, or other rules or regulations.
Do Not Track
The Site does not support Do Not Track with respect to the Site at this time. Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to info@furtherinsights
Questions or Comments